We are all thinking of the fires that are raging across Colorado and praying for rain. We need all the help we can get from Mother Nature right now. If you are coming to stay in Breckenridge this week it is important to be aware that Breckenridge and Summit County have enacted a level 2 fire ban. Under this ban there can be no fireworks of any kind, no open fires, no charcoal fires and no smoking anywhere outside. You can still use gas grills.
So far we here in Breckenridge and Summit County are very lucky. There are no active fires anywhere in the county at this time and we did receive a little rain this week which although we are still dry and the fire danger is still “extreme.”
Of course all public fireworks displays in Summit County have been canceled but there are still many fun events happening in Breckenridge and all over Summit County this weekend and into the 4th of July week. Here is a partial list of events going on this weekend and into the next week.
- The National Repertory Orchestra is performing Aaron Copland’s 3rd Symphony Saturday at the Riverwalk Center.
- The Backstage Theater is performing Completely Hollywood Abridged this Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- The fireworks may be canceled but Breckenridge will still be the place to be Wednesday for Breck’s 4th of July Celebration.
- Celebrate biking in Breckenridge at Breckenridge Bike Week July 5th to 8th.
- The Vail Arts Festival starts today and runs through July 3rd. Tons of great art and food all weekend!
- The 3 Ring Weekend at Copper Mountain Saturday and Sunday offers a carnival atmosphere for the whole family.
- Celebrate Frisco’s’ Heritage at Founder’s Day from 10 am to 4 pm Saturday.
- Come see over $15 million in artwork at Frisco’s Green Art Festival on July 3rd and 4th.
- Come get your yoga on at Copper Mountain’s Wanderlust Festival, July 6th.
Visit our Events page at Best of Breckenridge for more information on events in Breckenridge and Summit County.