Staying for a week in Breckenridge creates the ultimate experience of relaxing, rejuvenating and having the time of your life. All the Breckenridge Grand Vacation resorts provide necessities such as coffee, tea, toilet paper, shampoo, lotion and laundry detergent. But, there are some items that you may not think about throwing into your suitcase that could save you time, money and peace of mind.
1. Plastic/reusable bags. Breckenridge Grand Vacations resorts do provide some Tupperware, but baggies or bees wraps are wonderful for packing snacks for day hikes or saving leftovers. Reusable bags will save you a .10 bag fee at the grocery store and are a great way to bring items along for day trips.
2. A throw blanket. Cozying up in the living room with your favorite throw blanket is always an ideal way to end a fun-filled day. What a better way to enjoy a comfort from home in your mountain home!
3. Spices. Salt and pepper are provided, but if you are planning on doing a lot of cooking having your standard spices on-hand is helpful. Don’t want to pack them or maybe you forget them, no worries, you can stop by the local grocery stores or the Breckenridge Spice Merchants and bring your new spices home as souvenirs.
4. Cooking Oil. This commonly used kitchen item isn’t provided, but is usually always needed. Either bring yours along (especially if you are a coconut, sesame or grapeseed oil fan, as these can get pricey), pick up a small bottle while up here or try using butter to make it through the week.
5. Coffee or Tea. While these are provided, sometimes a full week without your favorite brand can be tough. Simply bring your go to favorite from home and enjoy your time in the mountains with the best brew. If you are looking to try something new, swing by the Rocky Mountain Coffee Roasters in Frisco on your way into town. They have an amazing selection of beans from all over the world.
6. Altitude Assistance. Don’t underestimate how difficult it can be adjusting to the higher altitude of Breckenridge. Make sure to take appropriate steps to being prepare for your stay. Read our high altitude adjustment tips and plan accordingly for your stay.
7. Board Games. Rain, snow or shine, you won’t regret bringing cards or board games along. These are the perfect items to have along for a surprise afternoon shower or a night staying in.
8. First Aid Kit. Be prepared and bring along the basics such as antiseptic wipes, antibacterial ointment, assorted adhesive bandages, anti-itch cream, tweezers and gauze pads. While we hope everyone has a safe and injury free vacation, accidents do happen and it is best to be prepared.
9. Reusable Water Bottle. Staying hydrated is one of the most difficult parts of vacationing in Breckenridge. Bring along a reusable water bottle for each member of your party and always take them with you. You can find the location of all the refillable water stations in Breckenridge here.
10. Cooler. A collapsible cooler is a great item to bring along. Having easily accessible snacks and drinks by the pool, in town, on the lake and on hikes will keep the whole family happy and full!
Whether you bring nine or none of these items, you are still guaranteed to have an amazing time enjoying a vacation in the mountains. Have a favorite “from home” item that we didn’t include? We know other owners would love to know so share it below in the comments!
Not sure what all is included in your unit? Take a look at the FAQs for your resort: