The Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas is part of the Interval International (II) network and part of the BGV II resort highlight series. As much as we all love Breckenridge and Summit County, it’s sometimes nice to venture out and try something new. Colorado is a big place and there’s more than one mountain to shred […]
Many of you have likely vacationed in Cabo San Lucas, well known and popular for its beauty, its many activities on, off, and under the water, and its exciting night life. Still, one shouldn’t ignore the lesser-recognized resorts on the Baja Peninsula. Indeed, there is much to be said for the vacation haunts in Cabo San Jose, better known as San Jose del Cabo. Among these, one that prominently stands out is Cabo Azul, a spectacular resort reminiscent architecturally of an imposing Spanish castle of old, but one dedicated to leisure and fun rather than conflict.
The first thing you see as you approach the Cabo Azul Resort are the massive French wooden doors etched in a style inspired by 18th century Spanish Colonial architecture. In fact, you will see many beautiful, hand-crafted carvings throughout the property—the Front Desk, for example, or the gloriously large torches that provide ample after-dark lighting.
Once inside the Villas at Cabo Azul—which come in one and two-bedroom varieties with modern, fully equipped kitchens—you’ll be struck by the sleek décor of their spacious accommodations, perfect for entertainment, comfort, and convenience. In the bedroom, you’ll enjoy a roomy king-size bed and, in some Villas, have a chance to let your cares evaporate in the in-room soaker tub. By all means, open the glass doors to the balcony, enjoy the ocean views, and let in the gentle, warm coastal breeze to add to the relaxing effect.
Speaking of water, Cabo Azul boasts impressive aquatic amenities—five pools that include a tri-level, ocean-edge infinity one. Among these is the convenient “swim-up” poolside bar with a stellar selection of margaritas and cocktails. Around all of them, should you need a respite from sunbathing, swimming, or water sports, are lovely cabanas that provide cool shade and comfortable lounge chairs.
Last, but certainly not least, if you venture to Cabo Azul you must try the on-site five-star eatery, Javier’s Restaurant, which offers authentic home-style Mexican Cuisine “bursting with colors and flavors” and enhanced by amazing beach views.
Do you have one or more weeks on your Interval International account that you won’t be able to use? Sometimes, our lives get busy and it becomes difficult to take multiple vacations every year. But, did you know that you can donate your week to a charitable organization?
Breckenridge Grand Vacations partners with several different charities that are constantly looking for donations in hopes of making grand vacations for those in need!
Donating to a charity is a fantastic way to put expiring Interval vacation weeks to good use. All you need to do is contact our Interval International Support Department and let us know that you’d like to donate your week(s). Breckenridge Grand Vacations has generously offered to cover all exchange fees for charity weeks, so there are no out-of-pocket costs to you (unless your week is set to expire within 60 days). Some of the many charities we work with include:
- American Cancer Society
- Make a Wish Foundation
- Pikes Peak Habitat for Humanity
- The Lauren Project
- Wounded Warrior Foundation
To get more information on donating your week, you may either give us a call or send us an email at email@example.com. Our office is open Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time at 877-453-4440.
Have you ever exchanged into a one-bedroom unit because a two-bedroom was not available? Or, have you settled for a Sunday check-in when you really preferred a Saturday? In these types of situations, utilizing the E-plus option for $54 is an excellent resource. This option allows you to re-trade your exchange up to three times, without paying an additional exchange fee! E-Plus is a resource you can purchase at the time of booking and up to five days later. This option is a good choice for anyone who has booked a seven-night exchange and would like the ability to take advantage of a better option, if it becomes available.
One word of caution, not explicitly stated: if you utilize one of your E-plus re-trades inside of 60 days of the check-in date of your original exchange, there will be a late restriction applied. This late restriction will only allow you to check for availability inside of 60 days from the date you are re-trading. The late restriction will apply to any of the remaining re-trades that you utilize. It’s important to be aware of this if you would like to make last minute re-trades.
In early June, Interval International launched an exciting new exchange program for Gold and Platinum members that allows you to use your points or unredeemed deposits for discounted hotel stays around the world. This is a great opportunity to use your membership with Interval International for discounted travel to metropolitan areas that are normally not available for Exchanges.
Let’s review this new offer:
- The Hotel Exchange is a new program offered by Interval through a partnership between the company and many hotels in cities around the world. Interval members can receive a monetary discount on hotel stays based on available inventory in addition to a low one-time Exchange fee of $79.
- You are eligible to book a Hotel Exchange if you have a current basic membership plus the Gold or Platinum add-on benefit package, or if you have a current Club Interval Gold membership. While you can conduct a search for available Hotel Exchanges with a basic membership, once you are ready to book you will be prompted to upgrade to a Gold or Platinum level.The Gold or Platinum benefit packages will provide you the same discounts for the Hotel Exchange: there is no benefit to purchasing the more expensive Platinum add-on. Instead, your discount is determined by the trading power of your deposit. For example, a high-demand week in the middle of July will result in a bigger discount than a low-demand week in early May.
- Searching for a Hotel Exchange is very similar to the search for a regular vacation exchange, and we are happy to assist you in this step. Log in to your Interval account and, on the My Units page, select Hotel Exchange under the Exchange options. Select a destination from the drop-down box once you start typing in a city, hotel name, airport, or landmark and provide your desired check-in and check-out dates. You can also select the number of rooms and the number of adults who will be on this trip. Once you click on the Search button, you will be able to see some hotels that have rooms available during your desired time frame. At the top of this screen you can select how many points you are willing to spend on this Exchange, which will then determine the discount you are offered. The more points you select, the lower the additional payment that will be required.Please remember that there will also be an Exchange fee of $79 that you must pay to Interval International at the time of making the reservation, besides the additional payment that is listed with the hotel options.
- One important item to remember is that the Hotel Exchange is non-refundable upon booking. Unlike Vacation Exchanges, you don’t have 24 hours to cancel your reservation, there is no E-Plus option and you cannot change your reservation dates after confirmation.
- The discounts offered through this program don’t just vary by the points you are exchanging; they also vary by date and/or location. A New Year’s Eve stay in New York City most likely has less of a discount than an early May stay in Richmond, Virginia.
Some additional important details to keep in mind:
- A Hotel Exchange cannot be booked with a traditional unredeemed deposit that was deposited late and has a “Late Restriction” attached.
- You need to search for hotel exchange availability at least 14 days in advance.
- Once booked, a Hotel Exchange is non-refundable.
- You cannot set up a request and put yourself on a Hotel Exchange waitlist. A Hotel Exchange will only be available as an instant confirmation for currently available inventory. What you see is what you get.
- You do not purchase a Guest Certificate for a Hotel Exchange, even if you are not a member of the travel party. When you go through the check-out process, you must provide the name of the person who is checking in, and this person does not have to be listed as a member on your Interval account.
- There is no nightly minimum for a Hotel Exchange: you can book a one-night stay.
The Hotel Exchange presents a number of additional benefits of our Interval membership:
- You can book trips to cities and metropolitan areas that aren’t available for traditional Exchanges.
- You can use points that are about to expire and use as few as 15,000 points to book a Hotel Exchange, which may not be enough to book a one-week exchange.
- You might be able to get a great deal on a short stay, even if a short-stay exchange is not available with our traditional exchanges.
If you have any questions regarding the new Hotel Exchange program or anything else related to Interval, please feel free to reach out to us at 877-453-4440. We are always happy to assist you.
Breckenridge Grand Vacations
100 S. Main Street
Breckenridge, CO 80424
Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Soul of Breckenridge Grand Vacations is Creating Smiles!