Breckenridge Grand Vacations has adopted many sustainability-minded business practices, and, as we celebrate a new year and new resolutions, we encourage our BGV family to consider including a commitment to be more green in 2017. Not sure where to start? Well, there’s an app for that. Each of the following smart phone applications is available free of charge and will help you to become more green in 2017.
- JouleBug is designed to make eco-friendly behaviors social and fun! The app features a huge list of sustainable actions and rewards users with points when they engage in those behaviors. Every suggestion about an eco-friendly habit or practice that becomes a reality is a way to earn pins, trophies, badges, and other assorted goodies. You can follow your friends to see how they’re doing and compete against them to see who gets the most points. Available for Apple and Android devices.
- GoodGuide is a guide to environmental shopping. The app lets you scan a product’s barcode or search it and then gives rankings based on health, environment, and societal impact. GoodGuide employs scientists and technology experts to complete the product analyses, so you can be confident that the information you’re getting is trustworthy. Available for Apple and Android devices.
- OroEco is a fun, easy, and rewarding way for everyone to get involved in climate action. OroEco is a service that automatically tracks your impacts on climate change, and then rewards you for helping to be part of the solution. The app helps you to quantify your own environmental footprint and allows you to compare it with others in your virtual community. Available for Apple and Android devices.
- Environmental Working Group, or EWG, makes healthy living easy. This app has ratings for more than 120,000 food and personal care products, and allows you to scan products and review ratings in order to help you make better healthy living choices. You can also browse over 140 EWG Verified products. Available for Apple and Android devices.
- iRecycle is the premiere application for finding local (in the United States only), convenient recycling opportunities when you are on the go or at home. It provides access to more than 1,600,000 ways to recycle over 350 materials in the United States. You can customize your search based on what you’re trying to recycle and iRecycle will find the nearest recycling facility for you. Available for Apple and Android devices.
Remember Always GRAND, Always GREEN!
Yours in sustainability,
Breckenridge Grand Vacations