Letter from the General Manager:
Greetings from Gold Point Resort!
With several substantial snowstorms throughout November, the staff at Gold Point Resort are eagerly preparing for the snowy winter that has been predicted by the meteorologists. We’re expecting a very strong El Nino pattern that will favor Breckenridge. Our strong start has allowed for most of the winter activities to open and offering a full slate of adventures for all.
Breckenridge truly celebrates the start of the holiday season December 5, with the Race of the Santas along with the Lighting of Breckenridge. The day starts with a costumed race down historic Main Street, where race winners are awarded with good times and prizes. Throughout the afternoon, free entertainment fills the Blue River Plaza, complete with the lighting of the town tree.
The following weekend, Breckenridge plays host to the first stop of the Winter Dew Tour. This televised event features the world’s best superpipe, big air, and slopestyle competitors from around the world. As competition season kicks off, athletes from the Winter Olympics and X Games will fill the slopes and leave you amazed. Of course no event would be complete without music and entertainment in the evening.
As the year comes to an end, we once again look forward to the year ahead. We’re excited to announce that the 2016 budget has allotted for a replacement of all bedroom furniture throughout the property. Over the coming months we will be looking for new headboards, lighting, dressers, and nightstands to provide a much desired update for the bedrooms. We recognize the need to enhance the lighting in these rooms and welcome any suggestions that you may have as we begin to make our product selections.
Here are a few updates from around the resort:
- Despite some challenges, the Engineering team is continuing to replace the thermostats throughout all units. As noted, we have had some unexpected challenges which has extended the timeframe for this project, but we are enjoying the new thermostats that are in place.
- As Engineering has been working to replace the thermostats, they are also updating the kitchen lighting in Buildings 1 through 6.
- Engineering wrapped up our biannual block process. This fall they completed extensive services to the fireplaces, dryer vents, and preventative maintenance to many of the appliances.
- Housekeeping also completed their biannual deep cleans. This process involves a complete and thorough cleaning of every element in the unit and steam cleaned all of the carpets to keep them looking fresh.
- As a reminder, towels for the hot tub are now found in the units rather than in the hot tub rooms themselves. Please remember to grab a towel before you head over to relax.
Gold Point General Manager