Greetings from Gold Point Resort! We have experienced a beautiful February, with temperatures soaring into the 50s on occasion. Nevertheless, the snow continued falling and helped to maintain the famous Breckenridge snow conditions. In fact, we enjoyed February so much we kept it around for an extra day with the leap year!
As the calendar turns over to March, the beautiful Breckenridge spring full of sun and snow is upon us. March is traditionally the snowiest month of the year, but also the beginning of warmer, sun-filled days. If the snow and weather do not sell themselves, the famous comedian Lewis Black brings his famous style of comedy to town March 18. His comedic brilliance lies in his ability to make people laugh at the absurdities of life, with topics that include current events, social media, politics, and anything else that exposes the hypocrisy and madness he sees in the world. On March 24, the Stephen C. West Ice Arena hosts the Broadway in Breckenridge ice skating show. This family show includes performances by local youth and adult figure skaters, along with former professional skaters.
In and around Gold Point Resort, here are a few things we have been up to:
- Final selections have been made for the new bedroom furniture throughout the resort. The final pieces include upgraded lighting that will be fitted with bright LED lights. The brighter lights will bring new life to the rooms, but will have multiple brightness settings for those who wish to sneak in some late-night reading while others sleep.
- In anticipation of the upcoming grilling season, we have procured replacement picnic tables and grills for Buildings 1 through 6. As not many people are buying grills and picnic tables in midwinter, we were able to secure some very good pricing on these items.
- In anticipate of a HUGE snowy March, we have completed snow removal on a few key areas of the building roofs to reduce the chance of any snow- or ice-related damages.
- You will receive a welcome call from the front desk the morning after you arrive If you do not receive your welcome call, please call to let us know.
- We have lowered our nightly rental minimums for the month of March and can’t wait to see you on property!
General Manager, Gold Point Resort