Letter from the General Manager
Greetings Gold Point Owners,
We have had a wonderful summer at Gold Point. Summer occupancy was better than expected and it was clear that everyone wanted to get away to enjoy some of the beautiful Breckenridge weather and gorgeous scenery. As we say goodbye to summer, we are looking forward to the amazing colors of fall. September is always an exciting time in Breckenridge.
The Breck Film Fest will be back in 2020. Like many things, it will be a slightly different experience than at past festivals. There will be a drive-in festival held from September 17–20. Each night a different movie will be shown in the Colorado Mountain College parking lot at 7:30. In addition to the drive-in, there will be a virtual festival that you can watch from the comfort of your home. For more information on the Breck Film Fest, please visit breckfilmfest.org.
In addition to the Breck Film Festival, you can look forward to the Oktober-FEAST. Instead of the traditional Oktoberfest celebration in Breckenridge, the town invites you to participate in Oktober-FEAST. Local restaurant chefs from the Hearthstone, Breckenridge Distillery, Modis, and Relish will be creating Bavarian-style dining experiences by pairing multi-course meals with German-themed libations. Oktober-FEAST will be held the weekends of September 25–27 and October 2–4. You can find 2020 Oktober-FEAST steins available for purchase online at https://gobreck.com/event/breckenridge-oktoberfest/, they must be picked up in person.
Here is what has been going on around the property:
- Daniel and the Engineering team have worked closely with the Grand Colorado construction team to borrow a boom lift free of charge for Gold Point’s use. While the team has the lift, they will work on the following projects:
- Repairing exposed building siding and facia.
- Touching up exterior paint in hard to reach areas that are exposed to direct sunlight.
- Repairing gutters in all buildings and patching necessary areas on the roofs.
- The Housekeeping team continues to focus on safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The team is diligently using UV lights, electromagnetic sprayers and other approved chemicals to ensure that guest rooms and common areas are ready to welcome you to your Gold Point vacation.
- The Front Desk has been working to provide a great activity experience. They are providing activities that can be reserved in advance and completed with your party in the Owner’s Lounge, such as wine glass painting and making bath bombs. There are also activities such as the Build a Buddy and DIY ice cream, that can be taken with you and done in the privacy of your unit.
- Join BGV for World Clean Up day on September 21! Stop by the Blue River Plaza any time between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. to grab supplies and clean up Breckenridge at your own pace. Masks are required. Bring water, snacks and gloves if you have them. There will also be a raffle for goodies! RSVP here.
As always, please feel free to contact me with questions, comments or suggestions.
Gold Point Resort, General Manager