Phase 1 Updates:
- Insulation is complete and drywall is 90 percent complete in plaza and terrace units.
- Exterior sheathing, siding, trim is complete on floors 2-5.
- Drywall texture and painting complete on floors 2-3.
- Unit fireplaces are operational on the 4th floor.
- Ceramic tile, wood flooring, bathroom tile and fireplace surround tile are 80 percent complete on the 2nd floor.
- Shells for indoor pools and spa #5 are complete.
- Pool coping stone is being installed on indoor pools.
- 2nd floor cabinets delivered.
- 2nd and 3rd floor doors, hardware and prefinished trim ordered.
- Mechanical room is 90 percent complete.
- Electrical room is 75 percent complete.
- Pool mechanical room is 50 percent complete.
Phase 2 Updates:
- All units are framed on floors 2-4.
- Electrical rough-in is underway.
Phase 3 Updates:
- Steel structure 100 percent complete.
- Exterior wall framing work is complete.
General Manager, Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Jason was born and raised in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, and grew up enjoying the Appalachian Mountains. During winter breaks from college he would drive out to Colorado with friends to enjoy skiing in the Rocky Mountains. He knew that he wanted to live in Colorado one day. He attended Penn State University and received a B.S. in marketing, but he also focused on classes in hospitality and tourism with high hopes of landing his dream job at a ski resort.
He moved to Summit County, Colorado, immediately after graduating in 2001 and learned how difficult it was to start a career in a ski town. After living in Summit County for five years, his wife’s job took them to upstate New York, where Jason got involved in hotel Sales and then in hotel operations for Hilton Garden Inn. In 2013, Jason was able to leverage this experience to get his dream job as the general manager of Grand Lodge on Peak 7 (GL7). For the past three years he has managed GL7 and enjoyed everything about it. He loves seeing people enjoying their ski vacations when staying at GL7 and getting to know owners who come back year after year. He was honored to be named the new general manager of Grand Colorado on Peak 8 (GC8) and is very excited for the opportunity to be a part of many more GRAND vacations!
When Jason is not at work, there is a very good chance you will find him somewhere outside with his wife and kids enjoying all that Summit County has to offer: skiing, golfing, riding dirt bikes, playing softball, hockey, rafting, hiking, mountain biking, etc. Jason feels very lucky to work for such a great company and live in a beautiful place like Breckenridge. He looks forward to your first visit to GC8 next winter!