Letter from the General Manager
I am very excited to share my very first property update as the General Manager for Grand Colorado on Peak 8. It’s hard to believe we are only four months away from opening phase 1. While the construction team is busy building the resort, the Operations team is busy “building” our staff. I am happy to say we have filled several key leadership positions and the new staff are busy ordering supplies in preparation for our Grand Opening in December. A lot goes into opening a new resort, but we are fortunate to have great resources and experience at Breckenridge Grand Vacations. We are looking at every detail necessary for a successful opening. In addition to ordering supplies, we are busy working on budgets and staffing needed for opening in December and operating in 2017. Below is an update from the construction team:
Phase 1 Updates:
- Waterproofing completed on pool deck.
- Stone veneer is complete on north, south and east sides.
- Exterior sheathing, siding, and trim are complete on floors 2-5.
- Shower enclosures are being installed on floors 2-3.
- Storefront glass is complete on first floor.
- Drywall texture and painting are complete on floors 2-4, Plaza level and Terrace level.
- Steal guardrails have been delivered.
- Ceramic wood flooring, bathroom tile, and fireplace surround tile are complete on floors 2-4.
- Structure for waterfall #3 is complete.
- Pool coping stone is being installed in indoor and outdoor pools.
- Cabinets have been installed on floors 2-4.
- Doors, hardware, and prefinished trim have been installed on floors 2-3.
- Mechanical room is 95 percent complete. Boiler and chiller startup are scheduled for August.
- Electrical room is 90 percent complete.
- Pool mechanical room is 75 percent complete.
Phase 2 Updates:
- Units are framed on floors 2-4.
- Framing is complete on first floor.
- Electrical and mechanical rough-in are in process.
- Drywall is being installed at demising wall.
- Waterproofing has begun on the exterior patio above the lobby.
Phase 3 Updates:
- Steel structure is 100 percent complete.
- Exterior wall framing work is complete.
- Roof dry-in and deck waterproofing are underway.
General Manager, Grand Colorado on Peak 8