Letter from the Assistant General Manager
Greetings from Breckenridge! Cool crisp mornings are upon us here in the mountains, and we can feel winter coming for sure! Before we know it, snow will be on the ground and the mountain will be opening. During the month of October our operations team works hard to prepare the building for our busy ski season. We take the time to deep clean and perform much-needed maintenance in all rooms and our common areas.
If you have not been on property in a while, we have some new additions that are a must see! In the Day Use Lunch Room in Building 1 we have installed a sink and additional cubbies. This is a request we have heard for many years from our owners and guests and we are happy to say our amazing Engineering team made this happen! This will help provide our owners visiting for Day Use a quick spot to rinse dishes and wash hands after a meal. We have also added a fun new game for families of all ages: giant chess, located just outside the pool deck. Come and challenge your family and friends to a game!
Building three is also well underway. Some recent updates include:
- Breckenridge Ski Resort Ski School, Ticket Office, and Retail Shop are complete. Vail Resorts is currently moving into the space.
- The temporary ticket office has been removed and the permanent office is getting ready to open for winter business.
- The Building Plaza and exterior are complete.
- The Ice Rink is complete and railings have been installed.
- The aquatics area will be complete by mid-October. Pools and hot tubs are built and final finishes are being installed.
- Plaza-level units are complete and entering final punch phase.
- Terrace-level units are approaching completion and will be in final punch list phase shortly.
- Second-floor units are drywalled and painted. Finishes will commence by the end of September.
- Third-floor units are being drywalled.
- Fourth-floor framing is complete.
- East side landscaping has been finished.
- Escalators and ADA lift have been installed and are finished.
- The bus drop-off area is complete.
- The short-term skier drop-off parking lot has been finished.
- The west side pedestrian path is finished.
Next time you are in town stop and visit the Concierge Desk to see what you can do during the beautiful month of October in Breckenridge. There are many hiking trails, biking trails, and vendors to visit. Also, from October 18-20 the town of Breck has its Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival. Come enjoy many delicious small batch distillers’ concoctions while taking in the beautiful mountain scenery.
We hope to see you in Breckenridge again soon!
Grand Colorado on Peak 8, Assistant General Manager