Letter from the Assistant General Manager
Greetings from Breckenridge! Summer is coming to a close in the mountains and we will soon see snow falling on the beautiful mountain peaks. We have enjoyed watching owners and guests enjoy the property and the many wonderful outdoor activities Breckenridge and the resort have to offer. Something to keep in mind in the coming weeks is the off season approaching us and the closure of some town amenities. The Gondola is shut down for the fall season and will reopen for ski season. Also, some restaurants will close down during the fall season. For information regarding what restaurants are open, please reach out to our Concierge team. But even with these closures, there is still much to do in the area. Colors will be changing and the many hikes and drives will still be open and ready for guests.
We are now just a few months into being a fully open, functioning resort again and it is grand! Owners and guests are exploring the many new areas that recently opened around the resort. Elev8 Lounge is open daily from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. and is a great place to visit and enjoy the breathtaking mountain views. The bar in Elev8 Lounge is also open daily from 4 p.m. –7 p.m., serving some amazing cocktails and beers. Another amazing new area of the resort is the Ice Rink. We know what you are thinking: “it’s summer; you cannot have ice!” We have stocked this area with tables and games for some family fun. Come check it out and soak in the views and sunshine.
Here is what has been going on around the property:
- Theater 5 is now open! It seats up to 15 people and is the largest theater at GC8.
- The Gr8 Escape Room is open and located in Building 3. This can be booked through our Activities department and the Front Desk.
- A pet relief area was created at the North end of Building 2.
- The landscaping was been completed between the buildings and around the main entry sign.
- Join BGV for World Clean Up day on September 21! Stop by the Blue River Plaza any time between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. to grab supplies and clean up Breckenridge at your own pace. Masks are required. Bring water, snacks and gloves if you have them. There will also be a raffle for goodies! RSVP here.
We hope to see you in Breckenridge again soon!
Grand Colorado on Peak 8, Assistant General Manager