Letter from the Assistant General Manager
It is our favorite time of year in Breckenridge – Ski Season! Snow-making operations are underway for a hopeful on-time opening for the 2021/2022 season. Breckenridge Ski Resort has some new exciting additions for the coming year, with the main one being the addition of a new lift on Peak 7. If you have ever had to stand in line for the Independence Chair at Peak 7 during peak season, you know how needed this new lift is! Typically, Peak 7 opens mid-December and Breckenridge Ski Resort plans to open this new lift at that time as well. On property, we have been working on getting the resort ready for the winter season, setting up ski racks, tool stations for ski/board repairs and preparing the ski locker rooms for increased use.
We are excited to share the Escape Room will be shutting down during November as we change out the current game with an exciting new game! The Escape Room has been a huge hit and something owners and guests have raved about. We cannot wait for the new game to come online in mid-December. The new game will have a Ullr Viking theme to correspond with the beautiful Ullr Norse God of Snow statue added to Building 3 Plaza. For additional information, reach out to our activities team at 970-547-8781.
Here are a couple of updates going on around the property:
- All of Buildings 1 and 2 Colorado Master residences received new couches. They are the same sectional style with an updated fabric to match that in Building 3.
- Our Engineering and Housekeeping teams are in the middle of our “block” season. This involves our teams going through every residence and all the common areas at GC8 to complete preventive maintenance and to perform deep cleans in all areas.
- Replaced the carpeting on the terrace level in Building 1 from Robbie’s Tavern all the way to the main entrance. We used a more durable carpet that is intended for high traffic areas.
- Relocated the guest computers to the sitting area across the sky bridge.
- Roku’s are now available at no charge for owners and guests to use. They can be connected to the TVs in all residences to stream people’s favorite TV shows or movies.
- Melanie McQuade was named the GC8 September 2021 Employee of the Month! Mel has worked for BGV in a few different positions. During September, when the GC8 Front Desk was very short-staffed, Mel stepped up to go back to her roots as a Front Desk agent to help support the team. She truly understands OneBGV and wants to do whatever she can to help assist the resort and company. Not only did Mel help at GC8, but she also has helped out by picking up shifts at GL7. We are very thankful she is on our team! Please congratulate her the next time you see her.
- Don’t forget as an owner you have discounted rate stays available at the Breck Inn. All stays are in the standard double queen room. Rates run $72.87 from Sunday through Thursday and $97.57 for Friday and Saturday. Reservations can only be made 30 days in advance by calling the Breck Inn at 970-547-9876.
The Grand Colorado on Peak 8, Assistant General Manager