Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is excited to announce that we have two new in-house activities to enjoy. We now offer a putting and a disc golf competition right on property! Now you can test your skills without ever leaving the Lodge.
In addition to all of the exciting activities you can enjoy on property, the town of Breckenridge is hosting a number of wonderful events this month. Join The Summit Foundation and thousands of spectators on Saturday, September 5 where the Riverwalk Center and the Blue River meet for the 28th Annual Great Rubber Duck Race sponsored by Breckenridge Grand Vacations. The Breckenridge Oktoberfest kicks off on Friday, September 11 followed by the Breck Film Festival featuring indie films and special screenings during the four-day festival slated for September 17-20. The Riverwalk Center will also host John Hiatt and the Grammy Award winners Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell! To learn more about these fun events taking place in Breckenridge please visit Gobreck.com.
During September, the staff at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 will start to focus on getting the resort ready for ski season. We will be performing work on our outside pool deck to repair cracks, but don’t worry this will only close small sections, still providing access to the pools. Assuming the weather cooperates our plan is to start after Labor Day.
We will also be replacing the hallway carpeting on the 2nd and 5th floors in the South Building, mattresses in all Phase 3 units and the sofa sleepers in the Phase 3 master units. We will be replacing the flooring and tables in the Day Use Lunch Room and we are considering adding a small “soft” play area in the Family Fun Center for kids five and under. The family fun center project is still in the planning stages, but we are hopeful we can get this done in time for the ski season.
As always we want to be better tomorrow than we are today, so please feel free to share any ideas or suggestions you might have. We appreciate your feedback! Below are a few updates to look for during your next trip to the Grand Lodge on Peak 7:
- We have painted the border around the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 sign that is attached to the wall as you drive up Ski Hill Road.
- We are excited to announce that work has begun on the permanent entry way signs.
- We have added ten chaise lounge chairs to the pool area.
- We have repainted the outdoor pool fence as the salt water had caused the fence to show signs of wear and tear faster than normal.
- We have started staining the north end of the South Building near the putting green at the developer’s expense as the fireproofing was bleeding from the wood causing the boards to turn white.
Grand Lodge on Peak 7 General Manager