As we head into 2016, the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is making a New Year’s resolution to be a more environmentally responsible resort. In the vacation industry, the amount of energy used is significant. Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is committed to reducing our environmental footprint.
Here are a few of the ways we are working to be more green in 2016:
- We will replace all the lighting in the units with LED bulbs. LED lighting typically uses around 75 percent less electricity than standard lighting.
- Two electric vehicle charging stations are available in the basement-level garage. One station can be used by any electric vehicle, while the other is specific to Tesla vehicles.
- We ask for your help in our quest to be greener by helping reduce the amount of towels used in the pool area. Please try to use one towel per person, as this reduces the amount of water used for washing and energy used for drying.
- Reusable bags are available for purchase in the Sundry Shop for any grocery shopping needs. Bags cost 10 cents at all Breckenridge grocery locations, so this is a great way to help cut down the use of plastic and save yourself some money.
- Bathrobes are available at the Soothe Spa for owner and guest use. We are working on placing robes in the units, but are currently trying to find the most eco-friendly way to accommodate this service.
We are also committed to making sure our owners are always informed of important news specific to the different seasons. Below are a few reminders we would like to share:
- The Peaks Trailhead is being closely monitored by the Town of Breckenridge. Vehicles parked at this location may be towed. Please do not use the trailhead for additional parking.
- Sevens will be hosting Trivia Tuesday this winter from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- The Breckenridge Mountain Masters Association courtesy shuttle for GL7 will only shuttle Day Use reservations to and from the gondola transfer station.
- Soothe Spa is offering an owner special of 20 percent off any service! This discount will be extended to all group members as long as the owner is present and receiving a service. Call 970.547.8701 to book your appointment.
- The I-70 Mountain Express Lane is now open for eastbound traffic between Empire and Idaho Springs. For more information about rates and availability, please visit I-70 Mountain Express Lane.
- The Colorado Department of Transportation has new traction laws for this winter.
Above all, we want to make the promise to always provide Grand vacations. The experience you have at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is our ultimate goal. Please let us know how we can make vacations even more grand in 2016.
We hope your next visit reflects these new commitments, and we look forward to seeing you!
Assistant General Manager, Grand Lodge on Peak 7