March is the most desirable winter month to be at Grand Lodge on Peak 7, with lots of snow and plenty of sunny days. Our slope side resort is filled with families enjoying their spring break vacations! If you are coming up to celebrate a special event, please let us know. The staff at Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is eager to assist with any needs you may have while enjoying this much-needed break.
In January and February, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 had to twice evacuate the resort due to burnt food in units. In order to prevent unnecessary evacuations due to , we want to take this opportunity to educate our owners on the proper way to handle this type of situation. In both occurrences the unit entry door to the hallway was opened, releasing smoke from the unit into the hallway and triggering the resort’s fire alarm. If you burn any food in your kitchen while staying at Grand Lodge on Peak 7, we ask that you open the windows to the outside in order to air out the room and/or exit your unit through the unit door, but be sure to close the unit door behind you. The unit’s smoke detectors will not cause the entire resort’s alarm system to sound, but they do alert our front desk and we will send someone to look into the issue. Our staff will respond to the unit, assess the situation, and take action as needed. We would like to thank everyone on property during these evacuations for their cooperation. The safety of everyone at the resort is the number one priority to all of us at Grand Lodge on Peak 7.
- Grand Lodge on Peak 7 owners Julie and John Waiedelich are the January winners of two Epic Passes for the 2016-2017 ski season.
- Sevens restaurant has options for everyone this month:
- Annual Beer Dinner is back! For just $45, enjoy dinner with five beer pairings on March 24 from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Every Tuesday is Trivia Night in the main bar, starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Breakfast is available daily from 8 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- The Big Onions, a bluegrass band, will be playing in the main bar on March 6 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- On March 19, Captain Morgan will be sponsoring a Patio Party from 1 to 4 p.m., and the Captain himself will be there passing out tons of prizes! Come in your best pirate attire, and celebrate spring!
- The Activities department is featuring a Kids Happy Hour from 2 to 4 p.m. throughout the week. This event gives you an opportunity to enjoy some afternoon fun while they take the kids to play on the jungle gym, make snowmen, warm up with some hot chocolate, and enjoy snacks and science experiments! Stop by the Activities Desk or call 970.453.3359.
- We have lowered our nightly rental minimums for the month of March and can’t wait to see you on property!
- The pool locker room located across from the Front Desk is now open at 7 a.m.!
As always, we want to be better tomorrow than we are today, so please feel free to share any ideas or suggestions you might have. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you soon!
Assistant General Manager, Grand Lodge on Peak 7