March had beautiful weather for all of our spring break visitors, with plenty of sunshine mixed with just the right amount of snow to keep the winter adventures perfect! If you did not get the chance to visit last month, no need to worry! With more snow in the forecast, April’s bluebird days are Breckenridge locals’ favorite time to hit the slopes, and you will be sure to enjoy them too.
- Grand Lodge on Peak 7 owners Charles and Melissa Prat were the February winners of two Epic Passes for the 2016-2017 ski season. Congratulations!
- Breckenridge Ski Resort has extended the ski season a full week! Closing day is now Sunday, April 24.
- Scott Wilson, resort security officer, has been recognized by the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) for his superior service. He is a silver medal finalist for security and safety and is in the running for the gold! Good luck, Scott!
- We are happy to introduce Spruce the Moose, the mascot of Grand Lodge on Peak 7! Check him out at the concierge desk the next time you visit! #GL7SprucetheMoose
- Congratulations, Jason Bretz, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Resort general manager, on his new adventure of resort general manager of Breckenridge Grand Vacations’ newest resort, Grand Colorado on Peak 8! We wish him well in his new endeavor!
- Joanni Linton, assistant general manager of Grand Lodge on Peak 7, is transitioning to Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Resort general manager. We look forward to the continued success of the resort with her in this position.
- Check out the new Activities Desk in the lobby across from the Front Desk the next time you are at the resort!
As the ski season comes to an end, the staff is gearing up for resort improvement projects. Listed below are the upcoming closures and property improvements:
- Soothe Spa will be closed beginning April 25. Treatments will resume May 2. During this time, Refresh Spa at Grand Timber Lodge will be offering will be offering 25 percent off services 50 minutes or more and 10 percent off all other treatments for all Grand Lodge on Peak 7 guests.
- The pool locker room is getting a brand new tile floor! It will be closed May 2 – May 28. During this time, the day use and spa locker rooms will remain available.
- Both basement elevator lobbies will also be getting new tile.
- The indoor pool area will be closed for improvements and deep cleaning beginning April 18 and reopening April 21.
- The Grotto will be closed April 25 for two days, reopening April 27.
For more information on upcoming closures and resort improvements, please review the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Facebook page or call the resort at 970.453.3330.
As always, we want to be better tomorrow than we are today, so any suggestions for improvement are always welcome. Thank you all for a GRAND 2015-2016 ski season!
General Manager, Grand Lodge on Peak 7
Joanni Linton grew up in Kansas City, Missouri. Every year, she spent her holidays skiing in Colorado with her family. After she graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Arts in communication studies, she packed up her bags and immediately moved to Breckenridge to live at one of her favorite vacation spots. She began working at the Breckenridge Brewery, where she met her husband, Greg.
About six years ago she wanted to start a new career where she could work with people. Hospitality seemed the obvious choice, and she started as a front desk associate at Grand Timber Lodge. Within a year, Joanni was promoted to night supervisor. After being in this position for nearly two years, Joanni wanted to further her knowledge and understanding of timeshare ownership and moved to the Owner Relations Department as an owner support specialist. In this position, Joanni became an expert at helping owners maximize their vacation ownership. With this knowledge, coupled with resort supervisory experience, Joanni was promoted to assistant general manager at Grand Lodge on Peak 7. For nearly two years, Joanni oversaw daily resort operations, helping manage four departments of 110 staff members. With over five years of working in resort operations with Breckenridge Grand Vacations, Joanni is honored to become the next Grand Lodge on Peak 7 Resort general manager.
When Joanni is not working, she enjoys being outdoors as much as possible! She and her husband can usually be found skiing during the winter and golfing during the summer. If they’re not, you will find her out hiking with her golden retriever, rain, snow or sunshine!
Joanni is elated that she is in the business of helping others create grand vacations. She moved to Breckenridge because her fondest memories growing up were of family vacations in the mountains. She now has the privilege of helping others create fond memories like hers.