Summer has been beautiful in Breckenridge. The mornings have been perfect for outdoor adventures, followed by afternoon showers just in time to cool off the evening for summertime grilling. There are several grills located on the property for all of our owners and guests to enjoy. Grilling utensils are available for check-out at the Front Desk. And don’t forget to stop by the Activities Desk to get recommendations for nearby hiking trails.
- July’s weekly concierge raffle winners are owners Mary Horky, Deb and Don Taylor, and Kathy and Rob Bauman. Congratulations to all of you!
- In our continued efforts to be more GREEN, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is happy to share that our Housekeeping department is using environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- The Grand Lobby carpet has been replaced with a better suited and more visually appealing carpet.
- Grand Lodge on Peak 7 donates used soaps, lotions, shampoos, and conditioners left upon check-out to Clean the World, a nonprofit organization that recycles these products to create soap for children in need. As a result of our participation, year to date, 2,582 bars of soap have been created to help this cause. To learn more about this organization, click here.
- A full-service bar and restaurant is being developed by Vail Summit Resorts at the top of the Independence SuperChair, located at our backdoor. During this development there is a lot of road traffic and construction taking place on the trails leading to the top of Peak 7. For your safety, please be mindful of this when traveling on these trails.
- Join us August 21 at Carter Park for the 2nd Annual Great Cornholio Tournament! This is a fundraiser for a local non-profit organization focused on wounded veterans and their families (WHFA). Sign-in starts at 2 p.m. and bags fly at 2:45 p.m. This event is open to spectators and participants. Each entry includes two beer tickets and one food ticket. Click here for more information and to register.
Did you know summertime is the busiest time of year for our owners and guest to come enjoy the lodge? To help all of our owners enjoy their vacation during this busy time, below are a few reminders:
- Day Use reservations allow a maximum of eight people, including the owner, who must be present.
- Recreational vehicles and trailers of any sort are not permitted on property. For alternatives, please contact the Front Desk at 970-453-3330.
As always, we want to be better tomorrow than we are today, so please feel free to share any ideas or suggestions you might have. We value your feedback!
General Manager, Grand Lodge on Peak 7