Letter from the General Manager
April marks the last month of ski operations here in Breckenridge. The ski resort is still on track for the planned closing date of Sunday, April 22. Please note that gondola and lift operations will cease between April 23 and the second week of June, when the Peak 8 Epic Discovery park opens. For those who felt that the ski season slipped away, don’t worry: there is still plenty of skiing at Arapahoe Basin, and they will continue operations as long as the snow allows.
- Weekly owner appreciation Happy Hours have been a big hit! Please join us for appetizers in the lobby on Monday from 4-5 p.m. Drink tickets may be acquired at the Concierge Desk for use at the lobby bar.
- February’s occupancy was nearly 97 percent. This was the highest winter month occupancy since January 2015.
- Prep work has been completed so that a heat exchanger can be added to the South Building domestic hot water system. This new addition will create redundancy in case of a system failure. The heat exchanger will be installed early in June.
- Sevens will be hosting a Cornhole Tournament and Chili Cook Off to celebrate the warm weather. These will be taking place on Saturday, April 7 and Sunday, April 8, respectively.
- Did you know that there is a specific page on Grand Central for all resort advisements? You will find a link to this page on the homepage. Please pay attention to these advisements, as they could affect your future reservations.
- Please remember to keep your furry friends on a leash around property. We have already seen some guest appearances by our local wildlife!
- Soothe Spa will be closed Monday, April 30 and Tuesday, May 1 for deep cleaning. Please book appointments at Infinity Spa for these two days.
- From the end of April through May there will be periodic pool and hot tub closures. Please see the resort advisements section on Grand Central for the full closure schedule.
- Construction on Ski Hill Road is estimated to begin on April 23 and last until August 7, 2018. During this time portions of the road may become one lane, causing brief traffic delays.
Grand Lodge on Peak 7, General Manager