Letter from the General Manager
The summer season is officially beginning in Breckenridge! In addition to the many offsite activities available within minutes from the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, the Breck Summer Fun Park will open on June 12th!
The Breck Summer Fun Park offers something fun for all ages. For the thrill seekers there’s the Gold Runner Coaster, the TenMile Flyer Zipline, the Alpine SuperSlide and downhill mountain biking. For those interested in basking in the beauty of Breckenridge there is great hiking, off-road Segway tours, and scenic chairlift rides. The young kids can also pan for gold, play mini-golf or test their directional skills in the Mineshaft Maze, Colorado’s largest human maze. The Park is sits at the base of Peak 8, only a short ride on the BreckConnect Gondola from the Lodge. Stop by the activities desk to learn more about the Fun Park and be sure to share your summer photos on the GL Facebook page!
On another note, we’re pleased to announce that our Operations team finished with our block season at the end of May. It’s always a challenge get everything done in the time frame we set aside, but we get better each season as we learn more efficient ways to complete each task.
We’ll continue to work on small projects throughout the summer to make improvements around the resort and to ensure everything is in top condition, including our landscaping. We have recently partnered with Ladybug Gardening and are confident their expertise will ensure a beautiful and successful completion of the final phase of our landscaping as we get rid of the construction trailers and install the permanent Grand Lodge on Peak 8 entry sign. We’re excited as we feel this is truly the last phase needed to complete the Lodge.
In May our housekeeping department was fortunate enough to partake in STEPS, a week long training program designed to create better cleaning systems and processes for our departure and daily cleans. Our hope is that by improving our cleans we can provide a better vacation experience for our valued owners and guests.
As always we want to be better tomorrow than we are today, so please feel free to share any ideas or suggestions you might have. We appreciate your valuable feedback! Below are a few updates to look for during your next trip to the Grand Lodge on Peak 7:
- We painted the men’s and women’s pool locker room floors, using a clear coat water based sealer to prevent chipping.
- We are very happy to announce that two members of the Lodge staff have taken over maintaining the plants and tree’s. They have selected a great variety of plants, flowers and tress as well as very nice planter boxes.
- We have painted the walls in stairwells 2, 3 & 4.
- We have replaced the carpet in the ground floor of the South Building.
- We added two tablets near the DVD Now machines that allow owners and guests to submit surveys regarding their stay while on property. This will allow owners to notify us if they see employees going above and beyond or report any issues they may come across, so we can follow up appropriately.
- We’re also pleased to announce that we added a “bottle less” water cooler in the sundry.
Grand Lodge on Peak 7 General Manager
Check out some Grand guest memories: