Greetings from Grand Timber Lodge! We are starting to see signs of spring and even though it is bittersweet to say goodbye to winter we are excited about the change in season. Here are a few things that are going on around property:
- First I would like to start off by extending a huge “CONGRATULATIONS” to our Assistant Engineering Manager Rick Marchiori who won an ARDA Award in the category of “Maintenance Team Member or Manager.” Rick was up against some stiff competition such as Holiday Inn Club Vacations and Bluegreen Vacations. We are absolutely elated that he took home the Ardy Gold!
- We have recently switched to Timberline Disposal for our recycling. Timberline is locally owned and operated and provides many additional benefits for us, including Single Stream Recycling for the entire property. What does this mean for you? All recycling, including glass, can mix together in one container, there is no need to separate any longer! Each garage has a blue recycling dumpster or if you prefer give us a call and we will happily take your recycling. Recycling is a huge part of our company culture and we greatly appreciate your participation in this!
- The month of May kicks off our season of building blocks. We will be closing down each building for a week to perform our bi-annual updates and repairs. We have a long list of improvements we will be tackling so stay tuned for an update on completed tasks in next month’s newsletter!
- Our wonderful and creative Activities Department came up with the great idea of hosting a company-wide dodge ball tournament as a fundraiser for the Summit County Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC). There were over 50 Breckenridge Grand Vacations employees who attended and we were able to raise over $1700 in donations for the FIRC! It was a wonderful evening of fun and we are so happy we were able to raise money for such a great cause! Blow are pictures of our two Grand Timber teams and a group shot of everyone that participated.
- As we enter into our quieter season the Lodgepole Bar and Grill will be closed on Wednesdays throughout the month of May.
- This season Tony and Liz Castillo, Ron and Betty Vander Kooi, Todd and Kim Hickerson, Greg and Susan English and John and Tina Coppin won 2 FREE Epic Local Passes for the 2015/2016! While Adam Sapp, Michael and Janet Nielson, Greg and Valerie Sumey, Chris and Amy Smith, John and Margaret Manka and Dawn Ahern won $500 in reward dollars! Congratulations to all the owners that won! Call (970) 547-3612 to find out how you can enter to win these amazing prizes we offer!
Grand Timber Lodge Assistant Manager