The 2015/2016 ski season is upon us and we could not be more excited to jump into winter! Opening Day for Breckenridge Mountain is November 13. So load those skis and snowboards in your car and get up to the mountains to take a few turns!
- The following is a list of owners that have won $500 from our weekly drawing: LaShawn and Andrew Torres and Adam Kniffin. Please contact our On Property Concierge at 970-453-4440 ext. 3012 for details on how you can enter to win.
- The Breckenridge Grand Vacations 2015 Fall Fest was a huge hit! Many people came out for face painting, caramel apples, pumpkin carving, and music. We were thrilled to see all of you there.
- Halloween at Grand Timber was a spooky good time! Our guests were able to enjoy all kinds of activities on property such as sugar cookie decorating, gourd painting, mask making, monster mash musical chairs, face paintings, trick or treating, and a costume contest!
Here are some updates of things that have been going on around property:
- We completed our fall fire evacuation and fire extinguisher training for all our staff at Grand Timber. We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather to go outside and put out a small flame that the Fire Department starts for practice purposes.
- We have put LED lights as well as fixed a number of windows in all the hallways and common areas in order to improve energy efficiencies.
- Our housekeeping and engineering staff have been hard at work completing the fall updates for Buildings 1, 6, 7, and 8. The remaining buildings will be completed in November. During our fall updates we completed a number of projects that we don’t have enough time for during peak season such as:
- Carpet cleaning in units and common areas.
- Painting units and common areas.
- Deep cleans where all of the furniture, including the beds, are taken apart for a thorough cleaning as well as the floors are scrubbed and the kitchen receives a deep clean.
- Fireplaces are cleaned out.
- Exterior windows are cleaned throughout property. (Interior windows are cleaned on a weekly basis).
- Building 8 looks great with its new furniture, appliances, and carpet. It is ready to go for the ski season!
- Our landscaping team has come up to Grand Timber to complete a few projects around property. The biggest and most noticeable one is the retaining wall by the shuttle stop. They rebuilt the whole stone wall. They also recently completed their fall “clean-up” project. With the changing of seasons it is necessary this time of year to cut back our plants. Our entire staff is also hard at work keeping the falling leaves out of the common areas, a constant battle in the fall!
Grand Timber Lodge Assistant General Manager
Grand Timber Lodge Featured Family: The Payne Family
- From Brighton, Colorado
- Grand Timber Lodge owners since 2007