Greetings from Breckenridge!
Grand Timber Lodge has been humming along during the glory days of ski season. March came in like a lamb, with beautiful, sunny days for the early part of the month. Winter of course made an infamous return and provided us over 58 inches of fresh powder. We are looking forward to April and the prospect of some grand spring skiing!
Around the resort, look forward to a few of these recent improvements during your next stay:
- As was briefly alluded to last month, Grand Timber Lodge is pleased to welcome Josh Stuhr as the resort’s new general manager.
- We have received our new garage sweeper. The new sweeper is capable of cleaning the garage even when wet, unlike the previous model, allowing us to better clean the garages at all times.
- New lounge chairs and ottomans have been installed in Buildings 1 and 2.
- Likewise, new coffee and end tables have been placed in Buildings 7 and 8.
- Several windows in the Building 5 pool area were replaced so you can enjoy a clear view of the beautiful scenery.
- Upgrades to the resort’s Wi-Fi infrastructure were completed to provide better, faster coverage throughout all areas of the resort.
- Refresh Spa will be closed May 8-15 for deep cleaning and updates. During this time,Soothe Spa at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 will be offering 25 percent off services for all Grand Timber Lodge guests.
- Grand Timber Lodge 2017 summer owners will have a new booking system, moving from a call-and-request system to a month-long online booking request system. You can find more information about this system here or by calling 877.453.4440 and speaking with an owner support specialist.
- Looking for someone to go skiing with for the day? Please see our concierge for the signup sheet for our Grand Timber Lodge “ski with a friend” program. Some of our owners/guests may normally go out on the slopes by themselves, and now you will have the opportunity to meet up with fellow guests to spend the day together taking laps on the mountain.
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge
Josh is truly a rare breed, having been born and raised in Summit County. Spending his formative years in the most beautiful resort community, Josh sought change and ventured out to the University of New Hampshire. There he received a degree in hospitality management and discovered a passion for customer service. Not one for the big city, he returned back home to Breckenridge immediately upon graduation.
Upon his return to Breckenridge, Josh took an entry-level job at Beaver Run but was promoted to night manager within six months. After two years at Beaver Run, Josh joined the Breckenridge Grand Vacations family in 2011 as the general manager of the Breck Inn. Over the course of a year, Josh changed the look and feel of the Breck Inn, and guests could only rave about the property. After spending three years at the Breck Inn, Josh quite literally moved up the hill to serve as the general manager of Gold Point Resort. In two years, Josh also made an enormous impact on Gold Point Resort by giving the exterior and interior a facelift. When the position of Grand Timber Lodge general manager became available, Josh was the obvious choice.
When Josh isn’t at work, he enjoys skiing, biking, sailing and traveling. He can typically be found doing one of these activities with his wife and dogs. His family is close, so Josh often spends time at family gatherings enjoying the privilege of Summit County living.
In his time with Breckenridge Grand Vacations, Josh has demonstrated a commitment to creating grand vacations and a passion for excellence. He is looking forward to using his keen eye for detail and exceptional customer service skills to build upon the strong foundation of Grand Timber Lodge.