Spring is in the air and the early rising flowers that first popped up in March are starting to feel at home. Scattered amongst the beautiful spring days were a handful of furious snowstorms that allowed the Breckenridge Ski Resort to extend its season all the way to April 24! Although Breckenridge Ski Resort may be closed for the season, the diehard skiers can still find fantastic skiing throughout the entire month of May at Arapahoe Basin.
As the snow melts though, the energy in Summit County shifts away from skiing toward the countless summer activities that can be enjoyed. For the most adventurous, May typically is the peak river rafting season, with the highest water flows of the year! With a substantial number of rafting companies and rivers to explore, the concierges at Grand Timber Lodge are more than happy to talk about their favorite trips and help find the right adventure for you.
Not to be overlooked, of course, are the annual Spring Celebration parties hosted on a number of weekends by Breckenridge Grand Vacations. Invitations for these celebrations were sent out as part of the April newsletter, but a few slots are still available! If you would like to RSVP, please click here. The celebrations will feature entertainment, drinks, and appetizers for the adults, while kids get to enjoy a bouncy castle, face painting, balloon art, and a number of other fun games.
Around Grand Timber Lodge itself, we look forward to enjoying the beautiful summer months.
- Depending on the weather, a brand-new shuffle board court will be set up around the middle of the month.
- Ceres Landscaping once again returns as our groundskeepers and will be working to get the flowers into full bloom.
- The entrance door to the Building 8 garage has been replaced with a new high-speed door, matching the previously installed exit door. The new garage door is not only much faster, but operates much more quietly than the previous model.
- Our Activities Department is in the process of reviewing and revamping our summer activity program. We would welcome any feedback you may have as to what you would like to see develop in upcoming months. Please email ActivitiesGTL@breckenridgegrandvacations.com if you would like to make any suggestions!
- The following owners have won 2 Epic Local Passes from our monthly drawing for February and March: Bess Brackett and Phil and Kellen Hatch, congratulations! Please contact our On Property Concierge at 970.547.3612 for details on how you can be entered to win!
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge