Happy summer from your family at Grand Timber Lodge!
We are pleased to share that the first annual Rob Millisor Heart Health Walk was a tremendous success! Nearly 1,000 walkers joined together for a one-mile or 5k walk through the streets and trails of Breckenridge. Nearly $200,000 was raised for heart health research and awareness. We hope that you will be able to join us next year for this beautiful event.
Have you ever had an opportunity to experience a play at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre? The small, local theatre has been putting on productions since 1974. This past winter, they completed an extensive renovation, adding high-quality seating, ambiance, and improved actor facilities. With their improved facilities, their summer season is packed with hits like Chicago, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Hairspray. Visit their website for a full list of upcoming performances.
Did you know you can check out the GTL mascot, Timber Fox, at the Front Desk on property and capture your adventures with her in Breckenridge! To add to her story, post your pictures to Instagram using the hashtag #GTLTimberFox. We look forward to seeing what adventures you will take her on! To see what adventures she has been on go here.
Around the resort, we are enjoying the full swing of the summer season. Flowers and wildlife are aplenty, with several visits from a local moose already this summer! Please remember to help us keep our wildlife safe and resist feeding any of the creatures that come to visit.
Here are a few other things that we have been up to at Grand Timber Lodge:
- After continued snow throughout the month of May, we have been able to complete the exterior painting of Building 5.
- Congratulations to Barbara and Sara Widener and Steve and Leslie Soell, who won 500 Reward Dollars from our monthly drawing for May! Please contact our On Property Concierge at 970.547.3612 for details on how you can be entered to win.
- The Lodgepole Bar and Grill is happy to have new patio furniture for the summer. Stop by and enjoy a game of shuffleboard on the new court as well!
- The Engineering department has created a new bike storage room for those who would like to secure their bikes in the garage. Please see the Front Desk to access this storage, located in the Building 8 garage.
- Join the new Grand Timber Lodge Owners Association Group on Facebook! This is a group created for the owners, about the owners, and by the owners. This group is intended to be a space to share pictures, ask and answer vacation-related questions, and to help increase the sense of community.
- The woodwork throughout the common areas is in the process of being refinished. We anticipate that this process will take several months to complete as we strive to minimize any disruption to your vacation experience.
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge