Greetings from your family at Grand Timber Lodge!
Summer is in full swing throughout Summit County and many of us have the sunburn to prove it! While temperatures around the U.S. will rise well above 90 degrees, our temperatures in Breckenridge make for a welcome reprieve in the 70s or perhaps the low 80s. As evening temperatures continue to dip into the 30s, it is a perfect reprieve from the summer heat!
Even with our modest summer weather, Summit County offers a number of activities that can help anyone cool off. Tumble Bubbles is a new offering just down the street at Maggie Pond and offers the experience of running through the water in an enclosed ball. If you prefer to enjoy the fresh mountain air, you may also enjoy a paddleboard on Maggie Pond or through the Frisco Marina on Dillon Reservoir!
Around Grand Timber Lodge, our beautiful pools are surrounded by colorful flowers and a number of yard games. We are happy to have added a giant Connect Four game, in addition to ladder ball, beanbag toss, disc golf, and giant Jenga.
Here are a few other things that we have been up to at Grand Timber Lodge:
- Congratulations to Zane and Liz Johnson and Wade and Tammy Kallsen, who won 500 Reward Dollars from our monthly drawing for May! Please contact our On Property Concierge at 970-547-3612 for details on how you can be entered to win.
- We have a new addition near the breezeway as you walk over to the outside pool area of Building 5 – a basketball hoop has been installed and it had been very popular! Feel free to stop by the Front Desk to check out the basketball and play a few rounds of hoops the next time you are on property!
- The Engineering department has created a new bike repair bench in the garage of Building 6. Feel free to swing by the next time you are in need of a tool or some assistance on basic adjustments/tuning.
- We have had a roofing company on property to inspect and complete minor repairs on all the roofs to ensure things are in top condition.
- Join us August 21 at Carter Park for the 2nd Annual Great Cornholio Tournament! This is a fundraiser for a local non-profit organization focused on wounded veterans and their families (WHFA). Sign-in starts at 2 p.m. and bags fly at 2:45 p.m. This event is open to spectators and participants. Each entry includes two beer tickets and one food ticket. Click here for more information and to register.
Join the new Grand Timber Lodge Owners Association Group on Facebook! This is a group created for the owners, about the owners, and by the owners. This group is intended to be a space to share pictures, ask and answer vacation-related questions, and to help increase the sense of community
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge