Greetings from your family at Grand Timber Lodge! As temperatures soared into the 60’s as late as October 17, the fall season in Breckenridge was one to remember. It is not often that you are able to enjoy the fall colors in the comfort of a short-sleeved shirt. After a beautiful fall, we are excited for ski season to kick off on November 11!
Breckenridge has a longstanding tradition of welcoming the start of ski season with a celebration known as “Wake up Breck!” While you will find a smattering of events around town, the locals’ favorite is the annual coffee mug that is given away at each of the town’s coffee shops the day before the ski resort opens. The annual mug has become a collector’s item, one that marks your seniority in Breckenridge. You have to be up early, though, as last year’s mugs were all gone by 6:45 a.m.!
Congratulations to Walt Gerzevitz and William Spencer, who won 500 Reward Dollars from our monthly drawing for September! Please contact our On Property Concierge at 970.547.3612 for details on how you can be entered to win.
Did you know that Grand Timber Lodge has a book exchange? While not a full library, in the loft area overlooking the Grand Room there are a number of bookshelves stocked with books. If you finish a book while you are here, feel free to leave it behind and take one that you find of interest. The loft can be accessed from the second floor of Building 1.
Here are a few other things going on around the resort:
- New dining room tables, chairs, and barstools have been installed in Buildings 5 through 8.
- The Building 1 window project is complete. The new windows look wonderful and are much easier to operate.
- Along with the new windows, new shades were installed in Building 1. The new shades feature an easy-to-operate cordless design for the safety of our youngest guests.
- Comcast has completed the installation of a new fiber-optic line dedicated to Grand Timber Lodge. This new service will triple our Internet speeds!
- The Activities department has found a new home in Building 6 by the arcade! Their new location will allow them to host activities in their new space while also being available to anyone who may stop by.
- Work was completed behind Building 7 to enhance the drainage. At the same time, a handful of large trees were planted to provide a better view for units in the area.
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge