Greetings from Breckenridge! After some early hints of winter, we were able to enjoy one of the most temperate fall seasons in memory. Although the warm weather caused Breckenridge Ski Resort to delay its scheduled opening for just the second time in thirty-five years, temperatures allowed for hiking, biking and other outdoor activities well into November!
As many of you who do not ski or snowboard already know, Breckenridge has winter activities for everyone regardless of snow conditions! Of course, the new Breckenridge Arts District has opened the imagination for visitors of all ages, from dance classes to an adult coloring night on December 7. Even those like myself, who lack even the remotest artistic ability, can enjoy the new Breckenridge Arts District. The Breckenridge Backstage Theatre will be producing the Tony Award-nominated She Loves Me for the month of December.
The Grand Timber Lodge Activities department is thrilled to help anyone plan the details of their vacation. They have offered a few suggestions on things to do around the area this winter that you may not have known about:
- Horseback Riding
- Zipline Tours
- Historic Tours
- Carriage Rides
- Scenic Drives
- Train Rides
- Ice Skating
- Hot Springs
- Breckenridge Distillery Tour
- Wine and Chocolate Tastings
- Brewery Tours
- Breckenridge Rec Center
- Silverthorne Outlets
- Ready, Paint, Fire
- Escape Room
Congratulations to Donnie and Debbie Smith and Cliff and Lillian Stokes, who won 500 Reward Dollars from our monthly drawing for October! Please contact our On Property Concierge at 970-547-3612 for details on how to enter the drawing.
Don’t forget that you can book a 20-percent-off reservation at any Breckenridge Grand Vacations property. This is an owner’s-only discount and a great option if there is no availability at Grand Timber Lodge.
Here are just a few of the things taking place around the resort:
- As part of the new Activities Center, the former activities space has been converted into a centralized vending hub where you can now find snacks, drinks and ice in one central location.
- The Engineering department is installing new icemakers in each building, replacing the old units in Buildings 1, 6 and 7.
- Our new fiber-optic Internet service was connected on November 11, tripling our previous Wi-Fi network capacity.
- The Building 1 window replacement project has been completed. The new windows offer ease of operation and have noticeably increased the comfort of the units with a more efficient design.
- New carpet was installed in the Building 6 ground-floor hallway. As part of this project, the ramps were reinforced and insulated to reduce noise levels in the spa. Visit Refresh Spa during your next visit to enjoy this improvement!
- A UV light has been installed in the Building 5 pool. This new technology will allow us to reduce the chlorine levels in the pool, making for a better experience and reducing the ongoing chemical expenses.
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge