Spring has sprung in the high country! We have enjoyed a wonderful winter and are starting to see the early signs of spring and some nice sunny weather. As the snow recedes around the property, we have begun spring cleanup projects that will help our property remain beautiful throughout the change in seasons. Breckenridge closing day is April 23, so be sure to come up and enjoy some spring skiing before the season is over!
While we continue to hold out hope for more snow, we opted to tempt Ullr and the snow gods by bringing out the summer lawn games. Giant Connect 4, bean bag toss and basketball supplies are available at the Front Desk for anyone who would like to enjoy the beautiful weather. We think that our efforts to attract more snow will be successful, as snow appeared in the forecast just after we brought the games out!
Here are some updates on what is going on around Grand Timber Lodge:
- Please help us congratulate Lee Taylor and Ingrid Starer. They have both won two Epic Local passes for next season! Feel free to stop by the Concierge Desk to ask how you can be entered to win.
- We are excited about kicking off our spring block schedule on April 15. Most exciting this spring will be the replacement of all living room furniture throughout the entire property. The first delivery of new furniture is set for April 15.
- Attention avid sledding fans! We now have sleds to rent from our Activities department. For just $5 a day you can rent one of our sleds and take it to your favorite sledding spot, either here on property or in town!
- New, high-speed garage doors have been installed on the Building 5 garage. These doors operate without the noise and vibration of the old doors, giving the surrounding units a more peaceful experience.
- Have you heard about our Sustainable Stays program? We have launched this program to minimize our environmental impact. Ask the Front Desk for more details during your next stay and help us do our part to preserve the beauty of Summit County.
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge