Letter from the General Manager
Greetings from your family at Grand Timber Lodge!
It is hard to believe that schools around the country are back in session and the fall season is upon us! As the leaves begin to change color and the temperatures start to fall, the calendar of events in Breckenridge is beginning to heat up.
Oktoberfest is a fall tradition that many of our owners and guests have enjoyed over the years. Despite the name, the event closes down Main Street from September 8 to 10! While lederhosen are of course encouraged, the weather is usually warm enough for shorts and the usual Summit County summer attire.
For those who prefer wine to beer, the following week brings the Breckenridge Wine Classic to town. Owners with Breckenridge Grand Vacations can enjoy a 25 percent discount at the event using the promo code “BGVOWNER.” The event is not only about wine, as there are over 100 featured food artisans, distilleries, breweries, and wineries participating in the experience, offering everything from tastings to cooking demonstrations.
Rounding out the month is the film fanatic’s dream: the Breckenridge Film Fest. As this event has gained recognition, the films debuted and presented at the film fest have increased in quality. Films range from short five-minute videos to full-length feature films. This year, over 61 films in all genres are set to be shown to make for a great family experience.
I would be remiss not to mention that these wonderful fall events are accentuated by the natural beauty that the fall colors bring to town. While a daily drive around Breckenridge can be breathtaking in itself, no fall season is complete without a drive over Independence Pass into Aspen. The descent brings you through mature aspens that tower over the road and immerse you in their brilliance. As we look forward to fall, here is a sampling of what we have been up to around the resort:
- Our fitness facilities have received a face-lift! The room has a new color palette, additional TVs, and a new arrangement that all create a more enjoyable experience. In doing so, we were able to add a new sit-up bench to the selection of equipment.
- Do you remember how to play chess? There is now an outdoor chess set located near the fire pit, with a king that’s almost two feet tall! We have also updated our giant Jenga and bean bag toss sets to match.
- We joined some of our neighbors in landscaping the median on Snowflake Drive. The median has been cleaned up and trimmed back, making it safer to enter Kings Crown Road.
- The Lodgepole Bar and Grill has introduced a new drink menu, highlighted by an all-new margarita!
- Don’t miss the Grand Timber Lodge Annual HOA Meeting! It will be held on Saturday, October 21 at 1 p.m. at Beaver Run.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to make Grand Timber Lodge a better place for you and your family. You may always send ideas to email@example.com for consideration!
General Manager, Grand Timber Lodge