Letter from the General Manager
Greetings from your family at the Grand Timber Lodge!
It’s hard to believe that summer is already starting to wind down. We have had a fun-filled past few months in Breckenridge with beautiful days and bluebird skies! This time of year is perfect for early morning bike rides or late afternoon hikes. The wildflowers are in bloom, and the wildlife is abundant, making the trails interesting and exciting! As we look forward to September, there are many fun events coming to town.
Breckenridge Oktoberfest will once again fill the streets with live music, great food and delicious German beers! The largest street celebration in the Rockies will once again come to Main Street from September 7-9. As always there will be lots of fun stuff for the entire family, including a 5K trail run, a strongman competition, the Brewmaster Dinner, the Oktoberfest Hockey Tournament and, of course, many amazing beers from Deutschland! For a full schedule of events, go here.
The Breck Film Fest is coming back to Breckenridge from September 20-23 for its 37th year! As always, it is a fun event that showcases over 70 films, both feature-length and short. Over the years, many big name movies have made their start at the Breck Film Fest, including The Shawshank Redemption. If you are around town during this event, make sure to check it out or visit the film fest website.
Here is what has been happening around the resort:
- Our landscaping team has been working hard to keep our property looking amazing. As you walk around, make sure to check out the masonry and the expert attention that has been paid to the flower beds.
- Engineering has completed several fire mitigation steps to make sure Grand Timber stays safe during the dry season. This effort has resulted in a much safer place for us all.
- We are happy to announce that Emma Bollinger is our new Guest Services Manager. Emma brings an enthusiastic desire to keep her team working at the highest level possible. Please congratulate her the next time you are here.
- We have begun demolition on the space that will become our new family fun center and movie theaters. This is a large project that will take quite a while to finish, so please pardon the dust and construction materials around the property as we work to create these new amenities.
- Our Activities Team is working on revamping its offerings. If you have any suggestions for new fun activities on or off property, please reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to make Grand Timber Lodge a better place for you and your family. You may always send ideas to email@example.com for consideration!
Grand Timber Lodge, General Manager