Spring in the High County has been pretty wet with plenty of rain and even a few snow storms throughout May. But we’re not complaining as all this precipitation means our rivers will be roaring for the kickoff of rafting season!
This quiet time of year is a welcome change for everyone who comes to visit and locals alike. Here at Grand Timber Lodge we look forward to this time of year for all the exciting projects we are able to tackle. We love the opportunity to make improvements that we are unable to complete during peak season.
Have you ever wondered what happens to the old inventory we replace when we are updating our units? Here is a little window into what we do:
- Carpet – the company that we use to install our new carpet removes the old carpeting and recycles it.
- Furniture – we donate most of our furniture to Habitat for Humanity.
- Appliances – we recycle, repurpose, or donate all of our old appliances.
- Bedding – we donate our comforters, duvet covers, blankets, and shower curtains to the Denver Rescue Mission for people in need. Each item was carefully phased out of our units but is of high quality and can still be put to good use.
Below you’ll see some of the great projects we have completed this season as well as other happenings around property.
- Building 7 received the most extensive upgrades with new:
- Sofas and chairs
- Stainless steel appliances
- Platform beds and new bedding
- TV cabinet and flat-screen TVs
- New carpet
- In building 4 we replaced the artwork with beautiful new pieces.
- After receiving feedback from our owners in regards to the studio size ADA units we are pleased to announce that we now have an ADA one bedroom master available for guests.
- As a companywide initiative, we have enlisted an outside consultant to observe our housekeeping procedures and find ways to improve our current methods. We are looking forward to making our housekeepers’ jobs easier and more efficient while elevating the quality of the clean.
- We would like to invite you to join us at the Guest Reception every Sunday from 6-7pm at the Lodgepole.
- Please join us for our annual Father’s Day Celebration on June 21st! Our Activities Department will be hosting a complimentary activity for families. Keep an eye on our blog for more details.
- We are firm believers in reduce/reuse/recycle here at Grand Timber as well as at each of our family of resorts. While we are not able to follow this practice with every single item we try our best to research all our options before we turn to our last resort, the landfill.
- Congratulations to our April and May winners of the $500 drawing! Grant and Amy Markwell and Lee & Lisa Watson.
Grand Timber Lodge Assistant Manager