Letter from the Assistant General Manager
Greetings from your family at the Grand Timber Lodge!
Even as snow graces the peaks, the warmest summer days are upon us. While Breckenridge is most famous around the globe for its world-class skiing and snow, those of us fortunate to experience a Breckenridge summer know there is no better place to be in July than right here! As the rest of the country swelters under the summer sun, Breckenridge offers a cool reprieve as you hike, bike, fish, or, if you feel ambitious, sneak a few turns on the remaining outposts of snow! It is a local rite of passage to hike the infamous “4th of July Bowl” on July 4 to make a few turns.
This year marked the beginning of some new 4th of July traditions, as Summit County will no longer host a fireworks display. July generally is the month with the highest fire danger and after years of rescheduling or canceling the fireworks, the town has opted to pursue safer displays of patriotism. Come and enjoy a new street arts festival, our traditional parade or the Family Fun Zone with free pony rides in the Blue River Plaza. We, too, will miss the fireworks but appreciate the concern as we strive to protect the safety of our community.
With the end of ski season, we are excited to announce the winners of our Epic Local Pass give away: Janet and Greg S.! Stop by or call the Concierge for information on the next giveaway!
With summer in full swing, we have some great on-property improvements to tell you about:
- Our new shuttle has arrived! With the new shuttle, we will be offering an ADA lift so all our owners can experience this fantastic service. If you need the lift while you’re here, just let the driver know so he or she can ensure the right shuttle picks you up.
- A new basketball hoop is in place near the Building 5 pool. We set the hoop pole deep in the ground, so get ready for some exciting dunk contests!
- With snowfall continuing well into June, our annual exterior painting project will continue into July. Paint crews will be working on the exteriors of Buildings 7 and 8 as weather permits.
- The market now offers a beautiful new leather key chain with GTL branding on it. You can use this great key chain for your room key while on property. Stop by the market and have a look!
- Do you ever wish you could text with us during your stay? Now you can! We are still learning some nuances, but you can text the Front Desk 24 hours per day at 970-364-4728 with all your on-property questions.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to make Grand Timber Lodge a better place for you and your family. You may always send ideas to email@example.com for consideration!
Grand Timber Lodge, Assistant General Manager