Letter from the Assistant General Manager
Greetings from your family in Breckenridge!
We hope you are all staying safe during this unique time in our lives. It is a new experience for all of us to be writing without anyone on property sharing the excitement that we all enjoy while experiencing vacation. More than ever, we realize how much our team thrives on your energy, each and every day!
Over the past several weeks, our top priority has of course been the safety of our community. When we are able to welcome guests back to property, we want to ensure that we have a healthy team here to help you enjoy your vacation! The team members working on property have adhered strictly to the recommendations of the CDC and health professionals to stay safe, working on separate floors or even in separate buildings to maintain distance. Our team is getting accustomed to working in masks, which is no easy feat at altitude!
With safety being paramount, we have been busy working on projects:
- Housekeeping completed thorough deep cleans in all units and common areas, ensuring that all surfaces were sanitized.
- Buildings 3 and 4 received fresh carpet and paint throughout the buildings.
- The final phase of window replacements in Building 4 was completed.
- New, local photography has been placed in all of the units.
- Engineering has been completing “deep maintenance” in each unit, spending upwards of 10 hours in each unit addressing a myriad of opportunities.
- The woodwork in all units is being lightly sanded and refinished for a fresh appearance.
- All paint throughout the resort has been touched up or repainted as necessary.
- Garages have received a thorough deep clean and are being repainted.
As weather permits, we are also excited to complete some work outside of the buildings:
- Completing fire mitigation, at the direction of the fire department
- Drain Building 5 pool, fix mosaic tiles in pool and seal pool deck.
- Restacking various landscaping rock walls
- Repainting curbs
- Touching up building paint
- Pressure washing and cleaning all surfaces
We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to make Grand Timber Lodge a better place for you and your family. You may always send ideas to email@example.com for consideration!
Grand Timber Lodge, Assistant General Manager