Letter from the Assistant General Manager
Happy snowy February! Winter is here in full force, with lots of snow and great skiing conditions. Whether this is your first time to Breckenridge, or you are a multi-generation local, Breckenridge in the winter is truly a magical place. The snow-covered peaks and beautiful assortment of lights make Breckenridge a unique and stunning place to be this time of year.
Make sure to check out the Breckenridge Mardi Gras celebration on February 25. Fat Tuesday is always a great time in Breck, with lots of fun activities. Make sure to bring plenty of beads as you and your friends march down Main Street in celebration of this iconic holiday. This year the town is putting on a free concert at the Riverwalk Center. The New Orleans Suspects will be coming on at 7 p.m. for a high energy throwdown. This band of highly seasoned NOLA musicians has been playing together for the past 10 years and always draws large crowds.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure to also check out the Ice Castles while you are here. Located just on the other side of Lake Dillon, the Ice Castles are an amazing feat of engineering that provide a spectacular sight for people of all ages. After you finish up at the castles make sure to grab a tamale or an ice cream cone next store at Antojito Guadalajara. This new restaurant is run by former Grand Timber Lodge employee Laura De Leon.
Here is a look at what has been happening at the resort
- We have changed our coffee provider for both the lobby and in the rooms. We now work with Breck Coffee which is a locally owned and operated roaster. Come have a cup next time you are here!
- We have renovated the sauna on property. The newly remodeled space has a new look, feel and is better insulated to hold in the heat.
- Our Activities team has a few new activities that we are excited about! Come check them all out!
- Every day we are hosting a waffle bar in the activities center. You can get as many waffles as your heart desires, loaded with all the toppings.
- We are hosting a weekly trivia contest. Bring your band of brainiacs to compete against other owners and guests
- We now have a watercolor painting class hosted by local artist Mauricio Meneses. This weekly class will teach everyone from beginners and experts the fundamentals of the tools, colors and style involved in painting
We welcome your feedback and suggestions on how to make Grand Timber Lodge a better place for you and your family. You may always send ideas to email@example.com for consideration!
Grand Timber Lodge, Assistant General Manager