Dillon Reservoir Winter Recreation Track
Looking for a way to enjoy the Colorado winter sunshine off the slopes? The Town of Dillon presents “Lake Loops” a winter track on the Dillon Reservoir! Soak in views of Peak One, Buffalo Mountain, and the Tenmile Range while you walk, snowshoe, bike, or ski on the groomed course on frozen Lake Dillon.
Ways To Recreate
The Lake Loops recreation tracks are open to a variety of winter sports. Enjoy some fresh air and exercise on Lake Dillon Reservoir by walking, cross-country skiing, skate-skiing, snowshoeing, or fat-biking!
- Can I bring my dog?: Yes! Dogs are welcome on the lake loops, but leashes are required. Please pick up and dispose of dog waste!
- Are snowmobiles allowed? No. No motorized vehicles are allowed on the reservoir.
- How often are the tracks groomed? The tracks are groomed daily, typically in the afternoon.
- How long will the track be open? Lake Loops are estimated to be open until late March.
Tracks and Parking
There are several options for groomed tracks at the Lake Loops multi-use recreation area. All of the tracks can be accessed from three entrance points near Dillon Marina. Parking is located on Lodgepole Street, at the Dillon Marina, and at the Big Baldy Statue.
Check out the trail map below to view the groomed track options!
Community Ice Rink
While you are at the Dillon Marina, pay a visit to the Community Ice Rink! Open from sunrise until 9 p.m., the community ice rink is free and open to the public for ice skating and hockey. The ice rink is 136′ by 70′, offering lots of space for the whole family. Please note that there are no ice skate rentals available at Dillon Marina- bring your own!
No gear? No problem! There are a few places to rent cross-country skis, skate skis, and snowshoes in Summit County without breaking the bank!
- Breckenridge Nordic Center offers full-day Nordic ski or snowshoe rental
- Frisco Nordic Center offers cross-country ski rentals, skate ski rentals, and snowshoe rentals
- Recycle Sport is a consignment gear store, located in Frisco if you would rather find some inexpensive gear for purchase!