Fly Fishing Film Tour
The annual Breckenridge Fly Fishing Film Tour (BreckF3T) is a film tour, raffle, and community event all in one. All proceeds from BreckF3T support local rivers through the Blue River Watershed Group and Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing. Project Healing Waters is an organization that brings disabled active military service personnel to fly fishing programs as a rehabilitation tool. Get inspired by the cinematography of these amazing films while giving back!
USASA National Championships
March 31-April 6
The USASA National Championships returns to Copper Mountain! Nearly two thousand snow athletes will compete over the course of 12 days in events such as slopestyle, halfpipe, rail jam, and more. The USASA is a non-profit organization with 32 regional divisions across the United States. Athletes compete in local events to earn their way to this National Championship!
The Imperial Challenge is the Breckenridge version of a triathlon! Competitors race (by running or biking) from the Breckenridge Recreation Center to Peak 7, skin and hike their way all the way to the top of Imperial Bowl, and then downhill to the base of Peak 7! There are different categories- with some competitors taking the race very seriously, and some doing a relay with friends. Watch these athletes compete or sign up yourself if you’re up to the challenge!
Celebrating Easter in the mountains? Get ready for an eggcellent time! Check out the link below for some fun things hoppening this Easter!
- Frisco Easter Egg Hunt
- The Town of Frisco will be hosting their 19th annual Easter Egg Hunt! There will be three age-divided search locations to ensure everyone has fun. The Easter Bunny will be available for photos as well!
- When: Sunday, April 9 at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Frisco Main Street at the Frisco Historic Park, 120 E. Main St., Frisco, CO 80443
- Eggquatic Egg Hunt
- The Breckenridge Recreation will be hosting an Easter egg hunt- in the pool! Bring your swimsuit and towel and get ready to dive for your eggs! There will also be games, crafts, and prizes.
- When: Sunday, April 9 at 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Breckenridge Recreation Center, 880 Airport Rd., Breckenridge, CO 80424
- Resort Activities
- Each of our resorts will have Easter-themed crafts for your little ones this Easter! Keep an eye on the resort websites for information and to book.
Our neighboring resort, Copper Mountain, is hosting its annual spring celebration- Sunsation! This weekend-long event will feature the Slush Rush snow sports competition, stein hoisting competitions, free live music, giveaways, and more. Normally, this event falls on Copper Mountain’s closing weekend, but their season has been extended. Soak up the sun at Sunsation!
Resort Closing Days
It’s hard to believe another season is coming to an end! In Breckenridge, we are surrounded by world-class ski resorts in every direction. Plan a trip up for a closing day at one of our neighboring resorts and celebrate the end of a great season with live music, pond skims, and good vibes.
**Closing dates are subject to change depending on snow conditions!
- Breckenridge: TBD; typically Breckenridge aims to stay open through Memorial Day
- Visit this page for information on end-of-season operations
- Keystone: April 16
- Keystone will celebrate with an end-of-season Springtastic!
- Copper Mountain: May 7
- Arapahoe Basin: TBD- usually last to close!
- Vail: April 23
- Beaver Creek: April 17 (estimated)
- Monarch Mountain: April 16
Frisco Town Clean-Up Day
As the snow melts, all the trash and debris that has been hiding all winter starts to emerge! Our neighbors in Frisco are hosting their annual Town Clean-Up to clean the streets, sidewalks, parks, neighborhoods, open spaces, and more. Check out this local event if you would like to give back to our Summit County community! Volunteers will be rewarded for their efforts with an appreciation lunch.
One of our most treasured local non-profit organizations, Friends of Dillon Ranger District (FDRD), offers a variety of programs to keep us learning and exploring! Friends of Dillon Ranger District is an active, locally-based stewardship organization that, with help of volunteers and collaboration with the US Forest Service, works for sustainable management of our local forest. Explore the programs offered by FDRD this season!
Breck Create Classes & Workshops
Breckenridge Creative Arts, known as BreckCreate, is a local organization devoted to promoting arts, culture, and creative experiences. Since 2014, BreckCreate has nurtured creativity and community through its program activities. Support this local organization by signing up for one of its many classes and workshops!